Version number: 1.0.0
Effective date: 03/07/2021
1. Who are we?
1.1. We are Revolancer Ltd. For privacy queries, you can contact us at [email protected] Other contact details are on our website.
2. What’s the point of this policy?
2.1. It tells you what to expect when we collect personal information from users of our website/app. We are the “controller” of this information. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
2.2. Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
3. Might the policy change?
3.1. Yes. We will take reasonable steps to give you notice of the new version.
4. What do we collect?
4.1. Information which you upload to our service or otherwise give us such as:
* your name and contact details;
* other information you provide on registration or otherwise such as profile photo, business name and optional profile information such as descriptions, skills, certifications, languages etc ;
* account information such as your username and password;
* details about your transactions on our service;
* information that you include in your profile, listings, posts, reviews or that you otherwise provide for display on our service or include in messages sent via our service and/or in communications with us including surveys and feedback; and
* contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing.
4.2. Automated information about your use of our service such as: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, the site from which you arrived at our service, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
4.3. The following information about you may be provided to us by other people:
* Limited billing information sent to us by our payment provider or the relevant app store for verification purposes e.g., your name, email address and billing address.
* If you have an account with Gravatar, your profile image from that site will be embedded within your profile.
5. What’s our reason / legal basis for collecting the information?
5.1. Because it’s necessary to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with you and/or to perform such a contract. This applies to information such as initial enquiries and to account, contact and transaction details as well as to as well as to profiles and other information which you display on, or send via, our service.
5.2. Because it’s in our “legitimate interests”, e.g., to manage and improve our service including tracking usage patterns and preventing or detecting fraud or abuse. This applies to information such as automated usage data and to surveys and feedback.
5.3. Because you’ve specifically agreed on our service (e.g, by ticking a consent box). This applies to contact or other information which you give or allow us to use for newsletters or other marketing. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
6. How long do we keep personal information?
6.1. Until you ask us to remove it or our contract with you has ended. You can end the contract as explained in our terms and conditions.
6.2. We may nonetheless hold on to some (or all) of your information for longer if reasonably needed for legal, regulatory or tax reasons, deal with disputes, prevent fraud or abuse and/or enforce our terms and conditions (typically up to six years).
6.3. We will keep your information which we use only for newsletters or other marketing until you tell us to stop sending you such messages.
6.4. We will generally keep automated browsing information for up to 26 months.
7. To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
7.1. To other people who supply us with a service, e.g., hosts, payment providers, and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our service and which provide us with e-commerce, online advertising, analytics and other services.
7.2. To the other party with whom you entered a freelance contact if needed to fulfil your order or deal with any post-sale communications.
7.3. To other users of our service if you:
* include your real name in your username;
* display your personal information in a profile, post, comment, review or other public action on our service; or
* include your personal information in messages to other users.
7.4. To regulators, the police and other law enforcement or official authorities to help deal with fraud and abuse and/or comply with legal requirements and/or to protect us or others.
7.5. To insurers and professional advisers in connection with our insurance cover or to deal with legal claims.
7.6. To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
8. Do we send your information outside the UK?
8.1. Your personal information which we collect is stored within the UK and is not transferred to any other countries except as follows.
8.2. Your personal information (e.g., name, contact details, IP address, browsing information) may be transferred outside the UK (generally to the US) by some of the companies who provide us with analytics, advertising, app admin, email, and other services. If so, we will ensure that there is a legal basis to do so, for example under contracts with standard contractual clauses sanctioned by the Information Commissioner that are designed to provide adequate safeguards for your personal information.
9. What rights do you have?
9.1. If the legal requirements are met: To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete it or restrict its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability” or to withdraw any consent you’ve given (e.g. marketing).
9.2. You may also have the right to object to use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
9.3. If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
9.4. For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk.