Proofreading (BSI standards)
With a background in both STEM and the Arts industries, I love that I blend these two sides of my life in my work.
I'm a member of ProCopywriters Alliance, and The Chartered Institute of Editors and Proofreaders.
- You pay only the listed price without any hidden costs.
- We keep your money until you are happy with the delivered work.
- The offer will be done or your money will be returned.
If you need proofreading with BSI markings then this is the package for you.
I can proofread fiction, non-fiction, theses and articles. I specialise in, but am not limited to, environment, food and nutrition, and science, as well as all fiction genres.
- Please email me with a 500 word sample that is indicative of the document you need proofread, with any specific requirements you might have e.g. style guide.
- I will return this sample after proofreading it so that you can see if it meets your requirements.
- I will use your sample to calculate your quote for the entire document.
Proofreading assumes the copy or prose is correct and no editing will be done at this level. All a proofreader does is double check that formatting and style is consistent throughout the text, and that there aren't any spelling or grammatical errors that have been missed in previous editing rounds. If the writing in the text is still unclear or in need of reworking, then you need an edit, or for a lighter touch a copy-edit. For novelists, if you require significant structural changes to the story then you require a structural edit.
BSI (British Standards Institution) markings are a universally understood set of symbols used by professionals in the publishing industry. If you are working with typesetters, and publishers it is worth making sure what their preference is - whether for BSI marks, or not.